Hi there! I’m Lisa, owner of many air mattresses and this air mattress review website. My husband and I love traveling very much, and we often bring our kids for outings and camping at every opportunity, because I’m a magazine writer and going places or getting close to nature helps me add flavor to my work. And we’ll bring our air mattresses with us. After buying our first air mattress, no more sleeping bags for us! Air mattresses are so much more comfortable.
Whether this is the first time you’re buying an air mattress, or you’re looking for a good air mattress to replace an old one, I hope my articles and air mattress reviews will help you.
How to Choose the Best Air Mattress
I always think of the air mattress as a portable bed. That’s because it is deflatable and easy to carry around with a bag, and it can be kept out of sight when you don’t need it. The air mattress can be a spare bed while traveling, a camp bed, or even a guest bed at home. The best air mattress should be comfortable, portable, easy to use, and made of durable material. I have had my share of punctured cheap air beds!
This is how I always buy my air mattresses:
- Purpose – Will you use it indoors or outdoors? There are different considerations to be made. If you’re using the air mattress for camping, read my guide post on How to Choose the Best Air Mattress for Camping.
- Size – Twin, queen or king?
- Raised or On the Floor – Raised air mattresses are also called air beds and are easier to get into.
- Manual Pump or Built-in Pump – It has to be pumped up, do you prefer the pump to be built in?
- Time of Inflation and Deflation – How fast do you need it to be.
- Other features – Stuff like memory foam, dual chambers and repair kit.
Well, can’t fit everything in this page, so head over to my guide post.
Best Air Mattress Reviews
I’ve taken my air mattress everywhere – hotel rooms, camp sites, friends’ houses, and even out in the wild. Often I even bring more than one to spare. They feel almost as comfortable as traditional mattresses and definitely win over sleeping bags hands down. Here are some of the air mattress reviews I wrote for the air mattresses or air beds that are worth recommending.
Queen Size Air Mattress
- Best Queen Size Air Mattress – The best air bed your guests will love.
- Best Budget Queen Size Air Mattress – Raised air bed for two. Very comfortable.
- Best Value Convertible Air Mattress – This is the one to get if you need versatility and good value. Good for one or two guests.
- Durable Queen Size Air Mattress – Puncture and stretch resistant air mattress.
Twin Size Air Mattress
- Best Budget Twin Size Air Mattress – Raised air bed for one. Good price.
Camping Air Mattress
- Best Camping Air Mattress – Great value. Best air mattress for camping.
- Best Air Mattress with Frame/Cot – Great for campers who don’t want their mattress on the floor.
I will update my blog with more air mattresses reviews and everything about air mattresses, so you can check them out here.
Best Air Mattress Brands
I know some of us like to choose things by their brands, because a known brand is often a good indicator in quality. Aerobed is the more high end name while Intex strives to provide competition at a more affordable price. Coleman focuses more on camping needs if that’s what you’re looking for.
Air Mattress List
- Coleman Trailhead SpaceSaver Air Bed – Air mattress with cot.
- Intex Pillow Rest Twin Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump – Budget twin size raised air mattress.
- Coleman 4-in-1 Quickbed – Use it as two twin size, one king size or one high twin.
- Intex Raised Downy Queen Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump – Queen size air mattress raised from the floor.
- SimplySleeper Premium Queen Airbed with Built-in Pump – Very durable air mattress.
- AeroBed Guest Choice Air Bed – Comfortable, portable and deflates real fast.